Victoria's Authentic TCM
Dr. (Kevin) Kewu Hu graduated from the Wuhan Second High School, one of the top 5 high schools among about 100 in his hometown Wuhan. He passed the difficult national unified university entrance exam. At that time, only 1 among 16 candidates could pass the exam, and he got full scholarship from government. He was qualified to enter either type of university: Western medicine or traditional Chinese medicine, he chose the latter.
He graduated from Hubei University of TCM with a bachelor’s degree in TCM and was immediately employed by a large public hospital, there, he started receiving further training in Western medicine and practicing his acupuncture and Chinese medicine at different sub-units in the internal medicine department.
Through his 8 years busy clinical practice, he soon grew up from a novice to a senior doctor of integrated Chinese and Western medicine. He treated thousands of walk-in and hospitalized patients by means of herbs, acupuncture or/and Western medicines.
Dr. Hu was not satisfied with his professional establishment, he challenged the national unified post-graduate entrance exam and passed. He was the second doctor who could pass this type of exam in a period of 10 years in his hospital. He got full scholarship again from the government. He was admitted by Guangzhou University of TCM, one of five best TCM universities in China.
In the 6 years of time, he got good training in clinical and laboratory research on TCM and Western medicine. He was catching chances to learn from best acupuncturists and herbalists not only from the university and its affiliated hospitals but also from notational reputed TCM professors. He was also invited to train other graduate students who had not enough independent clinical experience.
Dr. Hu was employed by the university after he received his doctor's degree (PhD) and was responsible for training international students coming to China for best TCM training. He also assisted in mentoring graduate students from China and from other countries. He published lots of his research results in TCM or medical journals and he was co-author of TCM books.
Dr. Hu move to Canada and immediately started his teaching at TCM schools in Victoria. He was passionately passing his own experience and knowledge to his students and also passing knowledge of some noted acupuncturists and herbalists in central and southern China.
He moved his clinic practice from his Saanish home to his new office in Victoria.
Dr. Hu's hobby is playing harmonica and guitar. He loves dogs and kids. He likes travelling. He speaks Mandarin and English fluently and speaks Cantonese pretty good. He is nice, humble and humorous.
2017 to 2020
BayVan Clinic - acupuncturist, herbalist
Pacific Rim College and Royal Pacific Institute /Oshio College - part-time instructor
2007 to 2017
Pacific Rim College - instructor
2004 to 2007
International College of TCM - instructor
2000 to 2004
Guangzhou University of TCM - associate professor, registered TCM doctor.
1986 to 1994
Changhang General Hospital - integrative Chinese and Western medicine physician, herbalist, acupuncturist
1997 to 2000
Guangzhou University of TCM - PhD
1994 to 1997
Guangzhou University of TCM - Master's degree
1981 to 1986
Hubei University of TCM - Bachelor’s degree
TCM Internal Medicine
Yellow Emperor’s Internal Medicine (Classic)
Cold Damage (Classic)
Jin Gui Yao Lue (Classic),
Warm Diseases (Classic), Advanced TCM Herbology
Modern TCM Development
TCM Clinic; Acupuncture Dermatology
Acupuncture Clinical Demonstration
Acupuncture Clinic Supervision, etc
Three Seeds Healthcare Tea (三子养颜益寿茶), Family Doctor 家庭医生 海外版. 1998
1) TCM Five Zang Organ Internal Medicine (中医内科五脏病学). ISBN:7-5359-2388-7; 2001
2) TCM Internal Medicine (中医内科学). 上海中医药大学出版社. 2002. OCLC Number: 928135726
3) Unique Treatment on Hypertension by TCM (高血壓病的中醫特色療法) . ISBN 781010795X. 2004
4) A Color Atlas of Tongue Diagnostics and Its Ancient and Modern Research. ISBN 7-5359-3146-4/R.510
Research Papers 科研论文
1) Understanding Li Dongyuan’s “Yin” Fire (东垣 阴火之“阴”浅析).
Chinese Medicine Forum 国医论坛.1998,13(5):42
2) Clinical Observation on Hypertension of Liver-Kidney Yin Deficiency (肝肾阴虚型高脂血症治疗的临床观察).
Liaoning Journal of TCM 辽宁中医杂志. 1996,23(12):542-543
3) Laboratory Research on Jian Pi Chu Tan Decoction: Anti-0xidation and Anti-hyperlipidemia (健脾除痰降脂汤降脂及抗氧化作用的实验研究) .
Fujian Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 福建中医药. 1998,(5):35-36
4) Clinic effect of Jian Pi Tan Tang on 30 Cases of Hyperlipidemia (健脾除痰降脂汤治疗高脂血症30例临床观察).
Hunan Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 湖南中医杂志. 1997, 13 (4)：9-9
5) Clinical Research: Xu Fu Zhu Yu Tang Treating CHD Angina (血腑逐淤汤治疗冠心病心绞痛临床观察).
Hubei Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 湖北中医杂志. 1997, (04) 14-15
6) Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang’s Effect on Unstable Angina (血腑逐瘀汤对不稳定型心绞痛疗效的影响).
Practical Journal of Integrative Chinese medicine and Western Medicine 实用中西医结合杂志. 1998,11(16):1559-1560
7) Combination of Cisapride and Xiang Sha Liu Jun Zi Wan Treating Indigestion (西沙必利联用香砂六君丸对非溃疡性消化不良的治疗作用及胃排空的影响). Guangdong Medical Journal 广东医学. 2000, 21(4) 332-333
8) Xiang Sha Liu Jun Zi Capsule Treating Indigestion (香砂六君胶囊对非溃疡性消化不良的治疗作用及对胃排空的影响).
China Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine Information 中国中医药信息杂志. 2000, (2)
9) Clinical Effect of Jia Zhong Fang on Non-toxic Goiter (甲肿方治疗良性非毒性甲状腺肿的疗效观察).
Journal of Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine 广州中医药大学学报. 2002, (2)
10) Anti-Goiter Decoction Regulating Protein Expression of Apoptosis Related Genes (甲肿方调节大鼠甲状腺凋亡基因蛋白的表达).
Research Paper Collection, the 3rd China Guangzhou International Traditional Chinese Medicine Academic Conference 第三届中国广州国际中医药学术会议 论文集. 2001. 1
Copyright © 2021 BayVan Health Ltd
953 Bay Street, Victoria; 778 433 3373